This amazing quick bread is free of corn, rice, refined starch like tapioca, potato, and arrowroot), gum, and yeast. This gluten free yeast free Italian herb bread is the perfect bread to serve with dinner as a substitute for rolls, to make a breakfast or lunch sandwich, as a snack, and my favorite, as a meal replacement, along with fruit or vegetables.
Gluten-Free Yeast-Free Italian Herb Bread (Free of Gum & Added Starch)
A moist, most flavorful gluten free bread, all made without refined starch, gum, or yeast.
- 1 cup brown rice flour (or millet or sorghum flour)
- 1/2 cup Shiloh Farms Organic Potato Flakes Instant*
- 1/2 cup fava bean flour
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or Kraft canister) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup gluten free sour cream (See tips for dairy-free)**
- 6 large eggs (1-1/4 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Coat a loaf pan with oil (I used an 8 x 4 x 4 pan); set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the rice flour, potato flakes, fava bean flour, Parmesan, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add the onion; using a fork distribute evenly and thoroughly coat with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sour cream. Add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and bake on the center shelf for about 40 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool directly on the wire rack or slice immediately. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To keep the bread as fresh as possible, store leftover slices, wrapped separately, in the freezer as soon as possible. However, due to the high moisture in this bread leaving on the counter, wrapped tightly or in an air-tight container, it will keep fresh.
*Shiloh Farms Organic Potato Flakes Instant is available on Amazon or Vitacost. Vitacost is currently the best deal. Learn more about the production and safety of Shiloh Farms Potato Flakes here.
**For a dairy-free version, substitute the sour cream for 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and enough full-fat coconut milk to make 1 cup. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and use as instructed.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.