Whether you are grain-free or gluten-free, these crackers are perfect if you do not wish to use any special gluten-free ingredients. I smeared them with plain cream cheese and topped with roasted* red bell peppers and parsley. You can also use hummus. They have so much flavor! I’m sure you’ll enjoy them as well.
Gluten-Free Grain-Free Parmesan Almond Crackers
Forget about special gluten free ingredients and make these flavorful and crisp gluten-free grain-free crackers.
- 2-1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup (minus 1 tablespoon) grated Parmesan cheese (Kraft canister)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 teaspoon (small pinch) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (1/2 if you like them really salty)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until the seasonings are thoroughly combined.
- Add the water, egg, and oil; pulse until the dough clumps into one a large ball with a little elsewhere.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper that will fit an entire 12 x 17-inch baking sheet. Roll out to fit the entire paper. (Don't leave them any thicker than this or they will not crisp up enough.) slice horizontally and vertically into about 2-1/2-inch squares or smaller.
- Place on the center shelf of the oven and bake for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and poke four holes in each cracker to prevent the dough from bubbling.
- Bake an additional 11 minutes. Remove baking sheet from the oven; transfer the thinner crackers around the edges that have turned golden brown on their edges to a wire rack to cool completely. Return baking sheet with thicker crackers to the oven. Continue baking an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, reslice if they are stuck together in areas, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 10 minutes.
- Use as a snack, for dips, and appetizers.
- Store them in a zipper storage bag with a paper towel to absorb any moisture.
For a shortcut to roasting the bell peppers, seed and thinly sliced the peppers. Preheat a cast iron skillet, add olive oil to coat the bottom, and cook the peppers for about 10 minutes. Once they brown, lower the heat, cover, and sauteed for an additional 10 minutes.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.