Who doesn’t enjoy a good bacon cheeseburger? What could possibly make them better? Making them bite size! Not to mention the delicious, gluten free burger bun recipe. They’re easy to make and the recipe doesn’t call for expensive gluten free ingredients. I provide all of the gluten free brands you can use as well, from condiments to bacon.
Gluten Free Ingredient Brands:
Mayonnaise: Best Foods or Hellmann’s
Mustard: French’s or Grey Poupon
Bacon: Applegate (natural), Hormel Black Label, Hormel Natural Choice
American cheese: Kraft Singles including fat-free and 2% (We prefer natural cheddar)
Mini Gluten Free Burger Bun Recipe
A tender mini gluten free burger bun recipe to use on bacon cheese burgers or anything else. Try them with chicken fajita mixture. They're wonderful - sauteed peppers, onion, and smokey chicken!
- Oil and dust with rice flour a mini muffin pan; set aside.
- Add honey or sugar to the warm water and stir. Add yeast and stir again. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes or until about 1/2-inch of foam forms on the top.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, add white rice flour, potato starch, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt; whisk thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, 2 tablespoons oil, and yeast mixture. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture, and beat on medium speed until smooth (1 minute if using a KitchenAid mixer). Gather the dough into one mound. Set aside to rise in an 80ºF environment for 45 minutes.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons full of dough into each cup of the prepared muffin pan or divide evenly among the 24 cups. Using moistened fingertips, smooth out the tops.
- Brush the tops with melted butter; set aside to rise for an additional 15 minutes.
- While the dough rises, preheat the oven to 475°F.
- If you desire shiny and darker tops as in the photo, whisk together the egg and teaspoon of water and brush on top of the risen buns. If using, sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds. (Basting with egg also smooths out the tops even more.)
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for a total of 9 minutes or until deep golden brown; rotating pan mid-baking for even browning.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately transfer the buns to a wire rack to cool.
- Slice in half prior to serving. Layer with your favorite gluten free hamburger condiments, lettuce, beef patty, cheese, a one-quarter slice of bacon, and a slice of cherry tomato. Place a long appetizer pick through each burger and transfer to a serving plate.
- To store, once completely cool, freeze leftovers in a single layer in a gallon-size freezer bags. Defrost buns in the microwave on low heat or at room temperature. Reheat by microwaving on a low temperature or slicing in half and toast.
- To store leftover buns, once completely cool, freeze in a single layer and store in a gallon-size freezer bags. Defrost buns in the microwave on low heat or at room temperature. Reheat by microwaving on a low temperature or slicing in half and toasting.
*Scant = a little less than
Honey and agave make the buns soft.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.