I had some fruit left over from a party we recently had and thought I would make a unique fruit salad. The avocado really made this salad, but the sweet and tangy vinaigrette, along with the fresh basil really provides a taste bud fiesta! I hope you enjoy this salad.
Unique Fruit Salad Recipe
A naturally gluten free salad with fruit and avocado. The more avocado the better it tastes!
For the Salad
- 1 red apple, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 green apples, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of red grapes
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil chopped
For the Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons gluten-free white vinegar (I used Heinz)
- 3 Tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 Tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Add all the fresh fruit and avocado in a bowl; add dressing; and toss.
- Top with cranberries and basil.
- Toss again before serving. The avocado mixes with the dressing and tastes great!
You can use other oils such as olive oil, canola oil, etc.
You use lemon juice instead of white vinegar for a sweeter salad.
Using green grapes will do, but will take away a lot of the color from this dish.
If you can afford the additional fat and calories, a second avocado will make this salad richer.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.