We are taking some family members out for dinner tomorrow night, but wanted to serve an hors d’oeuvre before we leave for dinner. I needed to satisfy a gluten-free diet as well as a regular diet. I wanted to make a spinach dip, but wanted to use what I had in the house. Ah-hah! I had a can of artichoke hearts.That would do! It taste very yummy and it hasn’t even cooled yet. Give it a try!
UPDATE: I used the left-overs by warming it up and adding it to cooked gluten-free pasta. What a wonderful artichoke pesto! Its was wonderful!
Artichoke Greek Yogurt Dip
A gluten free artichoke recipe which may be served with fresh fruit, raw vegetables, crackers, or gluten free baguette slices.
- 14 oz. can artichoke bottoms (ensure they're gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil, dried
- 2/3 cup mozarella cheese
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet.
- Add the pine nuts, onion and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, until the onion is translucent and the pine nuts start to turn a yellow color.
- Add the basil and cook for an additional minute.
- Add to food processor along with mozarella cheese and artichokes; blend until creamy.
- Add Greek yogurt and pulsate until thoroughly blended.
- Scrape into a bowl and chill in refrigerator overnight or for about 8 hours, allowing the flavors to infuse.
- Serve with crackers, raw vegetables, fresh fruit, grilled chicken strips or gluten free baguette slices.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.