People liken these gluten free cheddar garlic biscuits to the ones served at Red Lobster. You may make them using the drop method or cut them out. I already developed a Gluten Free Biscuits Recipe. However, I needed to test out my new Gluten Free Bisquick Recipe, which I have linked to below in the ingredients section.
I was very pleased the first time around. The only regret I had was that it could have used a bit more cheese, but I left the recipe as is. I’ll leave it up to you if you desire to add more. This recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Cheddar Garlic Biscuit Recipe. I hope you enjoy both of these two new recipes as much as I have already.
Cheddar Garlic Gluten Free Biscuits
A bit of cheese and the perfect touch of garlic, makes these fluffy gluten free biscuits ideal for any meal - made with Carla's homemade bisquick recipe.
To Make the Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together Bisquick flour blend and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add buttermilk, cheese and eggs. Stir gently until a soft dough forms.
- Drop heaping 1/3 cups of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Baste the tops with garlic butter sauce. Continue to bake for an additional 5 – 8 minutes or until golden brown.
To Make the Garlic Butter Sauce:
- In a small heat-proof cup, add butter and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Melt in microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds. Alternatively, you may heat it in a sauce pan on the stove top. Baste warm biscuits with garlic butter sauce and serve warm.
Feel free to create smaller sized biscuits. You'll just need to shorten the baking time.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.