This creamy gluten free vegetable casserole is far from boring. The smokiness of paprika along with garlic provides tons of flavor. The red peppers and onion add additional flavor as well. If that’s not enough, add a couple of varieties of cheese and garnish with bacon. Your broccoli.is now a treat perfect for holidays or whenever you crave comfort food.
Creamy Gluten Free Mixed Vegetable Casserole
- 3 cups broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 oz. gluten free cream cheese, at room temperature (Philadelphia brand)
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices gluten free cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add broccoli and blanch for 2 to 3 minutes. reserve 1/4 cup of the broccoli water. Drain broccoli and set .both reserved water and broccoli
- In a small skillet, add oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Lower heat and add bell pepper and onion. Saute for about 4 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, milk, garlic powder, and paprika until creamy.
- Return drained broccoli to saucepan. Add cream cheese mixture and sauteed vegetables. Stir to combine, pouring in reserved broccoli water. If you prefer it thicker, cook over medium-high heat while constantly stirring until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Spoon into the prepared dish and top with shredded cheese and bacon.
- Cover with foil and bake on center shelf for 25 minutes. Uncover the last 5 minutes to create a crust-like top.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.