I decided to play around with a new gluten free flourless brownie recipe. Instead of using almond meal flour I used ground walnuts, which I ground in my food processor. I topped it off with my chocolate ganache that I use on my cheesecake. This recipe is flourless, rich and chocolaty! Enjoy!
Gluten Free Flourless Brownie Recipe
Rich and chewy gluten free, flourless brownies. Want them lighter? - Use additional eggs! They're great with the optional chocolate ganache frosting.
To Make the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- You can either oil your baking pan (and serve it from there), which I do when it's just family; or you can line the pan with aluminum foil and oil the foil, leaving a little aluminum foil over the edges for easy removal later on.
- In a food processor, add walnuts and cream into a butter. Leave in the food processor until it is later called for below.
- Melt water, butter and chocolate in a medium sauce pan and whisk towards the end until melted.
- While the chocolate is melting, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of your mixer until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove chocolate from stove top and add egg mixture, a little bit at a time, until throughly mixed. Make sure you continuously whisk as you are adding the egg mixture to prevent the egg from scrambling.
- Add in walnut butter and blend thoroughly.
- Add to a greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until end begins to firm. It's okay if it is a little jelly. It will firm up once in the refrigerator.
- Cool in refrigerator until firm, about 2-3 hours.
- Once cooled, either serve as is or make the chocolate ganache topping (recipe below).
To Make the Chocolate Ganache:
- In a small sauce pan melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring until chocolate melts.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add whipping cream and cocoa powder; and stir until smooth.
- Pour over top of the brownies and refrigerate for about 1 hour or more until ganache is firm enough to cut.
- Once chilled, remove from pan and if using, peel away aluminum foil.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.