Philly cheese steak recipes are usually very similar, but this one has a unique twist! If you like pizza and philly cheese steak you will love this recipe! I added pizza sauce. I couldn’t have any, with my tomato allergies, but my husband loved it, even on a gluten free bread roll. You see, he doesn’t eat gluten free. That means I’ve done good! I hope you enjoy this gluten free philly cheese steak recipe as much as he did!
Gluten Free Philly Cheese Steak Recipe with Pizza Sauce!
A gluten free Philly cheesesteak recipe made on a hearty, crusty, gluten free roll, smothered with cheese, pizza sauce, and onion. Add sauteed peppers if you'd like.
- 1/4 lb. beef loin top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 - 2 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced (or Daiya or Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheese)
- 1/4 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 4 - 6 Tablespoons gluten free pizza sauce
- 1 Gluten Free Roll or Jules Crusty Baguettes
- Have your butcher slice the steak very thin or pound your thin sliced steak out to about 1/16 - 1/8" thin. You can use the back of a heavy skillet to pound it out as thin as you can.
- Preheat a heavy skillet with oil.
- While it is preheating slice the onion thinly .
- Saute the onion in a skillet until translucent.
- Remove and set aside.
- Warm your pizza sauce and set aside, but keep warm.
- Quickly fry the steak in the same skillet, but just on one side.
- Flip it over and add the pizza sauce on top while meat is still in the skillet.
- Add the cheese on top of the sauce and cover until the cheese melts.
- Add the steak and toppings to a gluten-free bread roll and serve immediately.
You do not want to fry both sides of the steak and then add your toppings because your steak will over cook while waiting for the cheese to melt.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.