These gluten free almond cookies may be made with store-bought almond butter or home ground. You will find the directions provided below for how to do this yourself in your food processor or Vitamix blender. Add just a few ingredients and some your favorite chocolate chips and you’re all set. These cookies are a bit chewy, a bit soft, and a bit crunchy. Enjoy!
Flourless Gluten Free Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy to make flourless almond cookies with your favorite chocolate chips.
- 1 cup almond butter (or 2 cups almonds + 1/2 cup (8 T.) unsalted butter, melted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus more for rolling
- 1 large extra egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, if using unsalted almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- If needing to make your almond butter, toast almonds in a single layer in a baking sheet in a a 375°F preheated oven for 7 minutes. Place them in the freezer to cool for about 10 - 15 minutes. Process toasted almonds in a food processor until a ground well; add melted butter and process until a smooth paste forms, scrape sides as needed.
- Add the almond butter and sugar to the bowl of your electric mixer; cream together using the paddle attachment.
- Add egg, sprinkle the baking powder and salt evenly over the top; add vanilla; and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon fulls of the dough; add in about 3 - 4 chocolate chips; and shape into 2-inch rounds with your fingers. Place them on the baking sheet and space them approximately 1-inch apart.
- Bake for approximately 9 - 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes. Transfer them to cooling rack to cool completely.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
You may also be interested in the Gluten Free Cookie Recipes category.