While watching Diners Drive-ins and Dives I heard the words “5 Cheese Easy Grilled Cheese Sandwich”. Ah, it seems like I haven’t had a grilled cheese sandwich in ages, not to mention a gluten free grilled cheese sandwich. My husband calls this sandwich The Widow Maker (high fat, high cholesterol, high sodium) – though he ate half my sandwich, after stating he was only going to have a couple of bites. I say everything in moderation. Time for lunch or a midnight snack? Check out this recipe and make you and your family some easy gluten free sandwiches and eat at your own risk! It’s super crunchy!
5 Cheese Gluten Free Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I believe melted cheese is heaven sent, but with the added texture of a crunchy bread, it's out of this world!
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons Kraft grated Parmesan & Romano cheese, or freshly grated
- 1 slice cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 slice (if from small round) mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Melt butter in a small glass container or cup.
- Add garlic powder and whisk together.
- Add grated cheeses to a plate.
- Baste back of bread with butter/garlic spread and dip in grated cheese.
- Preheat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat and place each slice of bread, butter and cheese side down; between the 2 slices, top with cheeses.
- Cook until bread is golden brown on the bottom; cover until cheese melts thoroughly.
Skip the garlic for kids.
Go lightly on the grated cheese, unless you like a lot of salt.
You may have some mixture left over depending upon the size of your bread.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.