I already have a recipe for a Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Brownies. They are very moist. This gluten free brownie recipe calls for chocolate versus cocoa powder. They are both delicious, but the creamy peanut butter swirls make it taste like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. If you enjoy Reese’s, you’ll really appreciate these brownies. I like this recipe because of they are moist and not overly sweet.
Gluten Free Brownies with Peanut Butter Swirl
A moist, high-rise, gluten free brownie recipe with a moist and creamy peanut butter filling swirled into two layers. They make a lovely presentation.
To Make the Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Oil an 8 x 8-inch baking pan and line it with parchment, allowing 2-inches to overhang on both sides. Then oil the parchment paper where the batter will touch.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set it aside for later use.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. (Use a bowl large enough to mix the entire chocolate batter brownie batter.) Stir once mid cooking and once it is almost fully melted. Remove the pan from the burner and stir it until all of the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the sugar into the chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined and remove it the bowl from the saucepan. Set the chocolate mixture aside to cool.
- Add the eggs to a separate bowl, lightly beat, and whisk in about 3 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture one at a time. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and whisk it until well incorporated. Set the batter aside while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Add the butter, confectioners' sugar, flour, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla to a bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of the chocolate batter into the prepared pan; distribute evenly using a rubber spatula, ensuring that the batter meets all sides and corners of the pan.
- Drop about 12 – 14 dollops of peanut butter filling (about half) over the chocolate batter.
- Add the remaining chocolate batter over the peanut butter dollops and distribute evenly.
- Drop dollops of remaining filling on top of the last chocolate batter. Using a butter knife, inserted almost to the bottom of the pan and drag it through the batter in curved motions, creating swirls of peanut butter and chocolate.
- Bake the gluten free brownies for about 40 minutes and until a toothpick inserted in the left or right side of the brownies turns out with crumbs, but is not wet.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and allow the brownies to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Remove the brownies using the overhung parchment and a wide spatula. Transfer the brownies to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 to 3 days.
For moister brownies add 2 tablespoons extra butter.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.