A delicious gluten free cinnamon swirl bundt cake with a double gooey cinnamon filling, a cinnamon-sugar crust, and a perfectly moist yellow cake. The cake is not heavy like pound cake. Instead, it is just slightly heavier than a traditional layer cake. You can make it as heavy as a pound cake if desired. Just see the Tips section. Meanwhile, it’s my new favorite cake! My gluten-eating husband and I like it better than the Cinnabons we used to eat!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake
Everyone will enjoy this gluten free cinnamon swirl bundt cake. Literally, this is the best bundt cake ever! It will be your family's favorite whether they eat gluten-free or not!
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, for dusting pan
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for dusting pan
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, (or gluten free margarine) at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure/gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free sour cream (or 3/4 cups + 2 Tbsp. low-fat buttermilk plus 4 Tbsp. butter)
- 2-1/4 cups Carla's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend Recipe
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (I used whole)
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter (or gluten free margarine), melted
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan. Whisk together 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and dust the buttered pan with this mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until light and fluffy, 5 minutes if using a heavy-duty stand mixer, longer if not. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla, then the milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder; and salt; beat into the batter just until blended.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, and, if using, nuts.
- Spoon one-third of the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over the batter in the pan. For a marbled effect, swirl the filling into the batter using a butter knife. Spoon another one-third of the batter into the pan and then the remaining cinnamon mixture. Again, for a marbled effect, using a butter knife, swirl the filling into the batter just below it. Add the remaining batter and spread to cover the filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and allow to cook for 15 minutes. Then, invert pan onto wire rack to cool completely.
Substitute applesauce for the butter, low-fat gluten-free yogurt for the sour cream, egg substitute for the eggs, and a natural, gluten-free sugar substitute for the sugar.
For a Pound Cake-Like Texture:
Omit the milk for a heavier cake. The more milk you omit, the more like a pound cake it will become.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.