You don’t have to spend a fortune or drive far distances to have delicious and creamy gluten free dairy free cream cheese. You can make it in 5 minutes and then chill. Voila! ~ Dairy free cream cheese!
Homemade Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Recipe
An easy and delicious gluten free dairy free cream cheese substitute. You can whip this cream cheese up in 5 minutes. Then simply chill.
- 1 cup firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil (such as grape seed oil)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder, liquid stevia to taste or 1 tablespoon evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Add a clean tea towel to a plate, Place the pieces of tofu on the towel. Place another towel on top. Add another plate on top of the second towel to apply pressure on the tofu. You want to remove some of the liquid from the tofu. Set aside for half an hour. You want firm tofu, firmer than the firm variety in the stores. You can also use two bowls, whichever best covers the tofu with a flat surface.
- Add the drained tofu to a small food processor along with the remaining frosting ingredients and process until creamy. Refrigerate until set and ready to use, about 1 hour.
- Add the tofu,oil, lemon juice, sweetener of choice, and salt to a small food processor. Alternatively, you may use a countertop blender or hand blender. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl or container and refrigerate until chilled and firm, about 2 hours.
- To store, keep covered and refrigerated up through the expiration date on the tofu package.
For richer cream cheese, for those who are nut tolerant, soak some macadamia nuts or cashew nuts overnight. Rinse and then a small handful to the ingredients. This works best if you have a powerful blender or food processor.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.