With my food allergies, tomatoes or salsa is a big no-no! I always make this tomato free gluten free guacamole when I make Mexican food or just want a creamy dip for tortilla chips. You don’t have to make this recipe without tomatoes, though. You can easily replace the chipotle sauce with a little salsa, and it’s just as easily made. However, this no tomato, gluten free guacamole was enjoyed by guests who are tomato tolerant. Salsa on the side easily appeased all.
A very flavorful guacamole that is super easy! You may add salsa for those who are tomato tolerant. So delish!
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar*
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 salt or fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free chipotle sauce recipe (or hot sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon yellow onion, sautéed or raw (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and serve.
*Those who are corn intolerant should not use white vinegar. However, they may use apple cider vinegar. And those who are yeast intolerant should avoid vinegar all together.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.