Many liquid items are thickened with gluten. Making gluten free hot fudge sauce is so simple and inexpensive why not make your own? I like the fact that this recipe uses ingredients that you can keep in your pantry without spoiling, ready for use when you want them. Use this sauce on ice cream or any dessert. Just delicious, rich, smooth and creamy!
Gluten Free Hot Fudge Sauce
A shiny gluten free hot fudge sauce which can be made thicker or thinner than pictured.
- 8 oz. natural gluten free semi-sweet chocolate morsels (Ghirardelli)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract
- Heat evaporated milk in sauce pan. Add chocolate and lower heat. Stir until chocolate is melted. Add vanilla and stir until completely incorporated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Heat on low to medium on the stove top or in the microwave before serving.
The sauce will be thin, but will thickening upon cooling, just like real hot fudge!
The evaporated milk I use comes in a 10.5 oz. can, but you will only use 6 oz. in this recipe. If you are looking for something else to use the evaporated milk for, you can use a little bit in ice cream recipes or au gratin potatoes.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.