I thought that serving iced caramel macchiato to each of your guests this summer would be a special treat. Macchiato means “marked” or “stained” in Italian. These sweet and caffeine-potent drinks will definitely leave a mark on your guests, as memorable. They’re very elegant, too. You may decide not to serve dessert if everyone enjoys coffee.
Be sure to visit the link entitled “Gluten Free Espresso” and learn whether or not instant espresso is gluten free. Then you be the judge.
Gluten Free Iced Caramel Macchiato
Keep cool this summer with a gluten free iced caramel macchiato. It's coffee and dessert all in one!
- If you are using homemade caramel sauce, make it and set it aside at room temperature. If it thickens too much, you can heat it a tiny bit just before serving.
- If you'd like, you can coat the sides of the glass with a little caramel sauce.
- Add the milk to the glass.
- Add the ice.
- Slowly pour the espresso over the ice. (You pour it slowly that it stays on the top of the glass.)
- If you'd like, add some whipped cream. It shows off the caramel design better. However, to save on calories, omit it.
- Place the caramel sauce in a squeeze bottle made for this purpose or for condiments. Starting from the center draw a continuous circle on top of the drink. Using a toothpick draw lines from the center, outward towards the rim of the glass. Serve immediately.
Smucker's Sundae Caramel "Syrup": (not topping - I'm still inquiring about that one.)
"In response to your inquiry, Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel does not contain ingredients derived from gluten. However, it does not meet the established U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations for a Gluten Free claim.
"More information on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations regarding Gluten Free labeling can be found at www.fda.gov/food/guidanceregulation/guidancedocumentsregulatoryinformation/allergens/ucm362510.htm.
"If you should have further questions or need additional information, please visit us at www.smuckers.com or contact us at 888-550-9555, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST."
Sanders Classic Caramel Topping:
Sanders is labeled gluten free. I found it at Raley's (after I made this recipe.)
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.