Baby back ribs become so tender when made in a slow cooker. It makes life easier, the kitchen cooler, and tummies happy. With only a few ingredients, you can easily prepare this recipe in the morning and come home to a fabulous dinner. Oh, and did I mention it’s delicious?
Gluten Free Slow Cooker Asian-Style Pork Ribs
Tender pork ribs with sweetness and tang, all made in a slow cooker so you can get other things done and stay cool in the summer.
- 2 full racks baby back pork ribs, sliced into sections, to fit your cooker
- 2 plums*, pitted, peeled, and each sliced into four sections
- 4 scallions/green onions
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated or minced
- 6 ounces gluten free hoisin sauce (Dynasty)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- Optional: If you have time, feel free to char the ribs on a grill on high heat, but do not cook them through.
- Add the ingredients to your slow cooker in the order listed. Cover and cook on low for at least 7 hours or until tender or high for 3-1/2 hours. (If you're at home, alternate the ribs so that once in awhile some are at the top or bottom.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker and serve with rice (or even fries) and salad (or even cold slaw).
You can use 1/2 cup cherries or even pineapple chunks for a Hawaiian flair.
Fall or Winter Serving Suggestions:
For a starter, serve this Easy Gluten Free Egg Drop Soup.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.