I used to make gluten free stuffed bell peppers with the same ingredients as listed below, but instead of making a smoke sauce I used to use tomato sauce. Now that I have my tomato allergies I had to get creative. I love smoked anything. If that is the case with you, you’ll love this recipe. If not, use some tomato sauce instead. This gluten free stuffed bell peppers recipe is an easy gluten free recipe and tasty, too!
Gluten Free Stuffed Bell Peppers
One of my favorite family meals, stuffed bell pepper, all naturally gluten free and full of flavor.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup peppers: orange, yellow and red, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free white vinegar (I used Heinz)
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (I usually use Lea & Perrins)
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika (ensure it is gluten-free, usually is in the U.S.) (Wright's and Colgin are gluten free.)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (ensure it is gluten-free, usually is in the U.S.)
- Fine sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- 4 green bell peppers, cleaned and halved
- Gluten Free Seasoned Bread Crumbs, (or plain); or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Gluten free olive oil spray (or cooking oil), for top of bread crumbs, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté onion and colored peppers in a preheated oiled skillet until tender.
- In a separate small cup or bowl whisk together the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and smoked paprika.
- Pour over cooked vegetables, stir and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mixture to green pepper halves, top with bread crumbs or cheese and place in a baking dish or baking pan. If using plain bread crumbs spray the top with olive oil.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, depending how well cooked you like them.
- Serve warm.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.