This gluten free beef faijitas recipe is one of two faijita recipes on this site. You can compare it to the other faijita recipe to decide which you would like best. Either recipe goes great with homemade gluten-free tortillas. This one is close to the Chili’s knock-off recipe, but no marinating needed and the ingredient amounts are different, as well as vinegar as a substitute for lime juice. You can use any color peppers you wish, but definitely add in some green along with other colored peppers. This recipe is great when you have a craving for faijitas, but not much time for preparation. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Beef Faijitas
Gluten free beef fajitas recipe which may be used in tortillas or to top rice. Either way, it's a winner.
- 1 lb. top sirloin steaks, fat trimmed off and cut into strips
- 1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 miniature yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 miniature red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 miniature orange peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra olive oil for browning meat and vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, minced or shredded
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free low sodium tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (ensure it is gluten-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fine seas salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat skillet with oil to medium high to high heat.
- Brown meat; add vegetables and cook until tender.
- In a small bowl add remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Add sauce to meat and vegetable mixture and cook and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with tortillas or rice.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.