Last Updated on
Want to cut back on fat and sugar? These low-fat gluten-free brownies will help you along the way so that you can still fit dessert into your diet. They’re moist and flavorful! No one would ever guess they are reduced calorie brownies.
This recipe is available to everyone.
Low-Fat Gluten-Free Brownies
- 1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder (Scharffen Berger or Ghirardelli) ((or regular - Hershey's or Ghirardelli)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites (or 2 tablespoons liquid from canned cannellini beans)
- 1 large egg (or 1 tablespoon liquid from canned cannellini beans + 1 tablespoon extra oil)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup granulate sugar
- 2 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil of choice (avocado, extra-light olive oil, etc.)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts optional
Preheat your oven to 350⁰F. Oil an 8 x 8-inch baking pan; set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together they flour blend, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside.
In a separate, larger bowl, whisk together the egg whites, whole, egg, sugar, applesauce, oil, and vanilla until creamy.
Add the dry mixture and stir using a large spoon (such as a wooden spoon). Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove the pan from the oven and allow the brownies to cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes. Slice into 12 squares and serve.