Though I already have a similar recipe for Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo, this one is a bit different. It is egg-free, and thickened with a tiny bit of starch. I also cut the chicken in the traditional bite size pieces, versus serving a chicken fillet on top of the creamy pasta. Though this dish is traditionally served with fettuccine noodles (see my Gluten Free Egg Noodles recipe), you may use your favorite gluten free pasta. I like to use penne pasta as an alternative. This is an easy recipe, and it tastes so good! I’d gladly pay to eat this at a restaurant. Enjoy!
A classic gluten free chicken alfredo made with cream and white wine, perfect for guests, an intimate dinner for two, a to dress up an everyday dinner.
- 2 cups uncooked gluten free pasta (or Homemade Gluten Free Egg Noodles Recipe|http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/gluten-free-egg-noodles/]
- 2 teaspoons + 1 Tablespoon cooking oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy cream/whipping cream
- 1/2 cup gluten free chicken broth (I used water + heaping teaspoon Better Than Bouillon)
- 1/4 dry white wine (Chardonnay, Chablis, etc.)
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- Fine sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta in a large pot with 1 - 2 teaspoon cooking oil; continue to boil on medium to medium-high heat; rinse under cold water; drain; and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown chicken in a preheat skillet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add cream, broth, wine, and garlic powder and stir.
- In a small container, mix the starch and water together; add it to the skillet; bring to a slow boil, stirring continuously, until thickened.
- Salt and pepper, to taste (at least 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon); add cheese; and toss.
- Add cooked pasta; toss gently; and serve with broccoli, if desired.