After receiving several requests for a gluten free peach pie recipe, I developed this recipe. My favorite way to serve is cold after firming it up in the refrigerator for a few minutes. This prevents the juice from running out. But sometimes you just can’t wait! I did this! I actually enjoyed it both ways, but it makes for a nicer presentation once firm. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this recipe. I used my new flaky gluten free pie crust recipe. For those who do not use my gluten free all-purpose flour recipe blend, you’ll be happy to know that superfine rice flour is not needed for the crust. Enjoy!
A delicious gluten free peach pie made with a flaky crust to serve warm, or cold a la mode!
- 1 recipe Flaky Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 7 medium to medium-large peaches, sliced and cubed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 3 Tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (for citrus free use white vinegar)
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (or Earth Balance dairy-free spread)
- Follow the instruction in the link above for the Flaky Gluten Free Pie Crust recipe.
- To make the filling, whisk the sugar, tapioca flour/starch, and salt together. Add the melted butter and lemon juice/vinegar; and whisk together. You can also add some cinnamon, if desired. Add the peaches to the bottom pie crust and pour the butter/sugar mixture on top of the peaches.
- Continue following the instructions in the pie crust recipe.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes; allow to cool at room temperature for about 2 hours. If you desire to serve it cold, refrigerate the pie after 1 hour. Top cold peach pie with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Mixing the sugar in with the flour you'll be using for rolling helps to prevent the dough from sicking even more.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.