In an effort to perfect my pizza recipe, for upcoming guests, I created a new gluten free pizza sauce recipe that is fast, easy and tastes delicious! Everyone loved it! Use it on any the Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipes.
Gluten Free Pizza Sauce Recipe
An authentic Italian pizza sauce for your gluten free pizzas or breadsticks. You can even use it in cheese dips.
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 12 oz-can gluten free tomato paste
- 10 fluid oz. water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar/syrup or, honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or 3/4 teaspoon red bell pepper flakes if you do not like much heat)
- Preheat a small to medium sauce pan on medium to medium high.
- Add olive oil and heat (only takes a few seconds).
- Lower heat to simmer and add onion. Sauté until transparent, about 7 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. (Stir occasionally for non-stick pans.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients: tomato paste, water, garlic, honey, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes; and stir.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes and until thickened.
- Use on gluten free pizza crust or as a dip for soft gluten free breadsticks.
This recipes makes quite a bit of pizza sauce; therefore, you can freeze it for months. I've had some in my freezer for 6 months and it is still very good.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.