In an effort to perfect my pizza recipe, for upcoming guests, I created a new gluten free pizza sauce recipe that is fast, easy and tastes delicious! Everyone loves it! Use it on any the Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipes.
Gluten Free Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - 12 oz. can gluten free tomato paste
- 10 fluid ounces water
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoons agave, honey or molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or 3/4 teaspoon red bell pepper flakes if you do not like much spice)
- Preheat a small to medium sauce pan on medium to medium high.
- Add olive oil and heat (only takes a few seconds).
- Add onion and sauté on medium heat until transparent, stirring continuously to prevent burning (occasionally for non-stick pans.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: tomato paste, water, garlic, honey, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes; and stir.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce over pizza dough and add desired toppings.
- Freeze any leftovers in an air-tight container or refrigerate if you will be using it again soon.
- As an update to my pizza dough posting - I tried my new pizza stone out and it works like a charm. You just preheat the oven to 450 degrees for 20 minutes and place the pizza stone and rack on the bottom rack of the oven. The pizza cutter that comes with the stone is a bit flimsy, but it gets the job done. I bought them on eBay for$20 for 2 stones and it really is a great deal!
- To easily transfer the dough to the hot stone, I roll the dough around the rolling pin and slowly unroll it onto the stone. You can reposition the pizza dough with a metal spatula, if needed.
This recipes makes quite a bit of pizza sauce, therefore, you can freeze it for months. I've had some in my freezer for 6 months and it is still very good.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.