Looking for delicious gluten free soup recipes? I harvested my first round zucchini (photo below) this week and decided to use it to test a new mango soup recipe. You are sure to see more zucchini recipes in the near future because my plants are growing like crazy! You can serve this soup warm or cold. This is recipe is great way to use up any produce you have that may soon spoil or wilt. My original intention was to only use vegetables and one fruit, but I was awfully hungry while making it and decided to toss in a potato and am glad that I did. It was very tasty and satisfying!
A sweet and savory gluten free soup made from mango and zucchini. A delight served warm or cole.
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 zucchini or 1 round zucchini 4", peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 3 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth (vegetable broth, if vegan or dairy-free)
- Pinch of white pepper (black pepper will due)
- Preheat a pre-oiled medium size sauce pan; and sauté onion, celery and garlic.
- Add mango, zucchini, (potato and basil, if using), nutmeg and chicken broth; and stir.
- Simmer until are vegetables are tender.
- Remove basil leaves, if using.
- Run the mixture through a blender or food processor according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Run through a large strainer to remove fiber.
- Top the center with gluten-free sour cream, Greek yogurt, if desired, and/or add some fresh basil for garnish. Serve warm or cold.
If using round zucchini, seed the vegetable as you would a pumpkin, scraping out extra fiber and seeds.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
See all of our gluten free soup recipes at http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/category/recipes/gluten-free-soup-recipes