Most fried rice recipes are gluten free until someone places soy sauce in it. This gluten free beef fried rice recipe calls for tamari sauce, a gluten free soy sauce. And I’ve provided a link to a brand that is labeled gluten free. Fried rice is easy on the pocketbook, as the egg is added protein and the rice stretches the meal, all allowing you to use less beef. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
An Asian delight, gluten free beef fried rice recipe that can be served with any vegetable or salad.
- 1 lb. beef strips for fajitas
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 green onion sliced and loosely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free, low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 cup crunch lettuce, chopped (optional)
- Cut the beef strips into bite size pieces.
- Place them in a pre-heated, oiled grilling pan or frying pan until browned.
- Beat eggs; fry, scrambling with whisk in preheated, oiled pan. If egg pieces are not small enough, chop into smaller pieces about 1/2” wide; set aside.
- In same pan, preheated with oil, add rice, eggs and beef; stir.
- Add soy sauce and the green onion; stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- If using, add chopped lettuce right before serving to keep its crispness; and toss.
- Garnish with a little chopped raw green onion.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
You may also enjoy Cucumber Salad and Creamy Dill Dressing and Gluten Free Soy Free Soy Sauce Substitute. Both are delicious!