My father came for a visit recently and he just loves homemade vanilla ice cream. I only like vanilla if has a topping, though. So, I had some fresh blackberries that were not very sweet. I sweetened them up a tiny bit by making an ice cream topping. It is made with fresh blackberries, a little organic blueberry fruit spread and agave syrup. It is not very sweet, but the fruity flavor combined with the sweetness of the ice cream is just perfect. I enjoyed it, as did my other guests.
Gluten Free Blackberry Sauce
An outrageously delicious gluten free blackberry sauce with a hint of blueberry for topping on pancakes, desserts, ice cream or fill crepes, and more.
- 1 package fresh blackberries (appx. 6 oz.)
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons organic blueberry fruit spread (Trader Joe's is the brand I use.)
- Either 1 Tablespoon sugar or 1 Tablespoon agave syrup (refined sugar-free)
- Pulsate all of the above in a small food processor until well blended. Don't run it too long or it will get watery. If you do not have a small food processor than use a mixer.
- Strain using a fine mesh strainer, if desired.
If you use agave syrup it makes the topping more runny. Add only 1 tablespoon fruit spread or pulsate less and leave the blackberries a bit chunky to avoid a thin sauce.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.