I was watching Paula Deen the other day and her son was on her show and made stuffed strawberries with cream cheese and powdered sugar. I made them, too, as a gluten free sugar-free recipe! I can’t think of anything that I would enjoy more on a hot summer day, and did! I had so much fun testing this recipe using different sweeteners. I didn’t care for them with agave but enjoyed them with powdered sugar and stevia. Surprisingly, I liked these strawberries better with stevia. I hope you enjoy these, too!
This recipe may be found in my upcoming cookbook, Carla’s 125 Gluten-Free Recipes, coming 2016.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – Gluten Free Sugar Free!
You'll never know these cheese cakes filled strawberries are sugar-free!
For the Strawberries:
- 2 ounces gluten-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia (depending upon which brand you use)
- 1 drop pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 16 ounces/1 basket fresh strawberries
- Chocolate Ganache
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers, crumbled
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped chocolate
- Gluten-free granola
- Brown sugar, cinnamon and butter
- Cream all of the ingredients together with a sturdy metal utensil.
- Cut the ends off of the strawberries (at the stem) to allow them to stand up straight.
- Place stem-side down and cut into each strawberry about half to two-thirds of the way down, making a cross.
- Using a pastry bag, or resealable sandwich bag, with a very small corner cut off, squeeze the cream cheese into the middle of the cross area.
- Drizzle with ganache, or top with your favorite topping of choice.
- Arrange nicely on a platter, garnish with fresh mint, if desired, and serve.
When you are not entertaining, you may choose to use the filling as a dip. It’s faster with the same benefits. Just omit toppings.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.