While grocery shopping, I stumbled upon some oat bites in the bakery section of my local grocery store. Unfortunately, they were not gluten free. These gluten free oat bites are identical except that I omitted the dried apricots. You can add some if desired. They turned out delicious!
Chewy Gluten Free Honey Oat Bites (Egg-Free)
A crunchy and chewy gluten free honey oat bites that you can serve for snacks or dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon neutral-flavored oil
- 1 cup certified gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (or half chopped dried apricots)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (or additional flaxseed meal for nut-free)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Oil a mini muffin pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, honey, and oil on medium speed until the sugar breaks down, about 4 minutes.
- Add the flour, oat flour, oats, flaxseed meal, baking soda, and salt on top of the butter-sugar mixture. Combine the dry ingredients using your hands as best you can. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- Fold in the raisins, coconut, and walnuts.
- Bake on the center shelf 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the bites to cool in the pan on a wire rack for until cool enough to refrigerate. Refrigerate until room temperature. Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely directly on the wire rack.
Dip the tops in melted chocolate and allow to harden, if desired.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.