When almond milk is preferable over cow’s milk, reach for this recipe for gluten free dairy free pancakes. You don’t need buttermilk to make fluffy pancakes. Learn the keys to making these pancakes without dairy.
The Key To Fluffy Pancakes:
Surprisingly, leave lumps in your pancake mix makes fluffier pancakes. Then, allowing the batter to rest for 10 minutes so that those lumps can absorb a little liquid from the batter makes the fluffiest pancakes. Without using this method, you’ll need the help of such ingredients as buttermilk to give your pancakes a lift.
Link You Will Need:
Raw Almond Milk Recipe
This recipe is available to everyone.
Fluffy Gluten Free Dairy Free Pancakes
- 1-3/4 cups Carla’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend (or your favorite all-purpose gluten free flour mix)
- 3 tablespoons granulates sugar (organic for vegan)
- 4 teaspoons gluten free baking powder (Rumford)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (or 1/4 liquid from a can of cannellini beans + 2 tablespoons butter, coconut cream, refined coconut oil, or palm oil)
- 1//4 cup + 1 teaspoon neutral-flavored oil
- 1-1/2 cups homemade almond milk see above link
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Sift the flour blend, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil, almond milk and vanilla. Add to the dry mixture and whisk together just until moist but still lumpy (do not over mix); set aside for 10 minutes.
Preheat a large non-stick skillet, add oil, swirl around the pan, and wipe out any excess.
Scoop heaping 1/4 cups of batter onto the skillet and spread out to make 4 to 5-inch rounds. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until bubbles form and pop. Keep warm in an oven on low heat while you cook the remaining batter. Serve with your favorite gluten free syrup. (Mine is Seelect Tea Organic Vanilla Syrup.)