If you are one of many gluten free intolerant people who also need to avoid dairy, you’ll appreciate this recipe for gluten and dairy free chocolate mousse. Learn the ingredients that are safe for both of these allergens. It’s bot only delicious but easy to make, too!
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse
An easy way to impress family, friends, and guests. Make this gluten and dairy free chocolate mousse recipe!
- 1 gluten free silken tofu (Tofutti®, Nasoya®, or Go Dairy Free®)
- 3 tablespoons granulated
- 2 teaspoons pure/gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips*)
- Gluten free chocolate syrup - Hershey's (optional)
- Rich Whip® Whipped Topping* (in carton), for garnish (optional) (contains corn)
- Gluten free cocoa powder, for garnish (optional) (Hershy's, Ghirardelli)
- Place the tofu in a food processor and puree until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Blend until some of the sugar dissolves a bit, about 3 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pot of simmering water (make-shift double boiler.)
- Add the melted chocolate to the food processor and mix until smooth.
- Transfer to eight glasses or ramekins. If desired, add some chocolate syrup and a bit of dairy-free whipped topping. cover the top of each with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
- If you would also like to make a chocolate syrup, melt some chips and stir in a bit of liquid dairy-free whipped topping.cover the top of each with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
I prefer Enjoy Life's Mini Chips over their semi-sweet or other baking chips because they contain cocoa butter. This is what real chocolate is all about! Plus, they're allergen-free.
*Rich Whip is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.