Bear claw-shaped Danishes are filled with this very same filling. Danish are not often referred to as decadent, but this is the only way I can describe this filling. If you enjoy bear claws, you’ll surely be awestruck over this filling that you can use to bake in coffee cakes and pastries.
Gluten Free Almond Filling
An amazing gluten free almond filling that you can use to fill pastries, cakes, roll cakes, and chocolates.
- 1 large, cold egg white
- 2 ounces (from an 8-ounce can or carton) gluten-free almond paste (SOLO brand or homemade)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the egg white on high speed until foamy, about 45 seconds.
- Add the almond paste and beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add confectioners' sugar a little at a time while beating on medium speed until smooth.
- Use this recipe as filling for a 9 x 9-inch coffee cake. When using in pastries, add up to 2 additional ounces almond paste to thicken, as necessary, and increase the almond extract, if desired.
If you use this filling to fill a dessert that you need to roll such as a pastry, candy, or roulade/roll cake (such as in the above photo), you'll need a thicker filling. Just add the full 8-ounce package/can of almond paste and increase the confectioners' sugar to your liking, about 1/2 cup or more. Also, increase the almond and vanilla extract proportionately. As is, it works perfectly as a filling between raw cake batter.
This recipe contains raw egg. Be sure to use this filling in baked recipes, not as a filling in between already baked cake layers.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.