Little by little I am attempting to remove all soy from my diet. The one thing that I am still working on is converting some recipes to soy free. Therefore, for this Asian gluten free salad dressing recipe, often known as Chinese chicken salad, I chose to use balsamic vinegar instead of rice vinegar and soy sauce. I also used agave syrup to make it lower in effecting glycemic index levels. Enjoy!
UPDATE: Since I published this blog post, I have created a Soy Free Soy Sauce substitute. Check it out!
Gluten Free Asian Chicken Salad Dressing
A wonderful, sweet tangy Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing that is soy-free!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free mustard (French’s and Grey Poupon were gluten-free last time I checked)
- 2 teaspoons light or dark brown sugar (or amber agave syrup)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (you can also substitute one teaspoon with sesame oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Plum Sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Add all the above ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Whisk together.
- Set aside overnight in an air-tight container or covered with plastic wrap.
- Pour into a container with a pour spout. You may serve it in a creamer, if you do not have a dressing container.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.