Using homemade gluten free vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or my one-step graham cracker crust that bakes like a pie crust, you can make these delicious gluten free banana cheesecake bars.
You may also enjoy my Gluten Free Fresh Berry Pie Cheesecake Bars Recipe.
Gluten Free Banana Cheesecake Bars
Delicious, creamy gluten free banana cheesecake bars using vanilla wafer or graham cracker crust, topped your way.
- Oil a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Press the crust of choice onto the bottom of this dish. If you are using vanilla wafer crumbs, use them in place of the graham cracker crumb in the gluten free graham cracker crumbs recipe. Bake the crust as instructed.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on medium-low speed after each addition, just until combined.
- Add the mashed bananas and fold in using the paddle attachment.
- Pour over the crust and bake 30 minutes or until the center is almost set but does not jiggle a lot.
- Slowly cool the cheesecake by allowing the oven to stay open for about 30 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack on the stove (if it's above the oven) to cool for another 30 minutes. Then transfer the wire rack elsewhere, where it is a little cooler for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with sliced bananas, chocolate syrup. Store leftover cheesecake covered in the refrigerator.
If you enjoy a banana walnut combination, feel free to add some minced walnuts into the crust. Just cut back the butter the same amount.
In addition to garnishing the top with sliced bananas, you can also add sliced strawberries and pineapple for a banana split version.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.