This gluten free graham cracker pie crust recipe is made in one simple step. There is no need to make homemade gluten free graham crackers and then crumble them up. Nor is there need to purchase gluten free graham cracker crumbs, though you may. I created this recipe prior to any gluten free crumbs commercially available. I have used this basic recipe as is and in various other ways. This crust is perfect for a gluten free cheesecake recipes. You can add finely chopped nuts or flax seed, depending upon your dietary needs and desires. It works well for pies and non-baked gluten-free desserts. Enjoy!
One of my cookbook recipe testers baked this recipe as instructed for 15 minutes, added her filling and baked it an additional 1 hour. She reported that the crust was still moist and tasty.
Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
A delicious gluten free graham cracker crust recipe that you make in one pan. There is no need to make homemade graham crackers and crumble them.
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup white or brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together sorghum flour, rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, cinnamon, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter into dry the ingredients.
- Whisk together water, honey, and vanilla. Pour into the dry ingredients, and stir until a dough forms.
- Press the dough onto the bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan and up the sides about 1/4 to 1/2-inch. (If using an 8 or 9-inch spring-form pan, be sure to go higher up the sides, or omit some of the dough. You do not want the crust to be too thick.)
- When using a non-baked filling, bake 20 minutes. Set it aside to cool. Add filling and chill as directed in your recipe. If making baked goods such as cheesecake, bake crust for 15 minutes, fill, and bake as instructed in your recipe.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.