When Chobani sent me coupons for their amazing Greek yogurt, it inspired a few new recipes. To start the ball rolling, I made a Greek cucumber yogurt sauce and used it in these delicoius gluten free beef gyros. Instead of pita, I used my gluten free galric naan recipe (Indian flatbread). If you haven’t tried it yet, you must! You will find the links to all of these recipe in the below gyros recipe. Enjoy!
Tender beef, onion, and bell pepper fill gluten free flatbread to make these delicious gluten free beef gyros. Drizzle with Greek cucumber sauce. De-licious!
- Greek Cucumber Dill Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 small to medium yellow onion, sliced 1/3-inch-thick
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 lb. skirt steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Gluten Free Naan, using skillet or oven method (I used skillet)
- Make the Greek cucumber sauce and refrigerate.
- Preheat a heavy skillet with oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the bell pepper and onion and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil and heat. Add steak and brown thoroughly over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables back into the skillet. Season with salt and plenty of pepper. Remove from heat and set the skillet aside.
- Make the gluten free naan as instructed and fill each naan with the meat mixture. (Reheat the meat a little if you want it hot.) Top with cucumber yogurt sauce and serve.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.