This is the most flavorful gluten free chicken chili recipe you’ll ever taste. It is made without tomatoes and beans, and has a bit of heat and sweetness. It was so good, I told my husband, “And for dessert, we have chicken chili!” – and I did!
Gluten Free Chicken Chili (No Beans)
The most flavorful gluten free chicken chili recipe you'll ever taste. It's bit of sweetness and heat will have you craving it for dessert.
- 3 Tablespoons light olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and small-diced
- 1 small green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and small-diced
- 2 4 oz. (or one 7 oz.) can(s) gluten free diced green chiles (La Victoria)
- 1 teaspoon minced, fresh oregano (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced or grated (1 Tablespoon)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/4 lbs. (2 large) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, small-diced
- Gluten free chicken broth, as needed (Better Than Bouillon, Herb Ox, O Organics, to name a few)
- Ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia (NuNaturals) (or 1 teaspoon sugar), or to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon white or brown rice flour (optional)
- Preheat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot, add onion and bell peppers, and saute until tender, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add diced green chile, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Stir and saute for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and set pot aside.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add chicken and sear to brown. If lots of water drains from the chicken, higher heat and constantly stir until chicken is nicely brown and water evaporates.
- Add chicken to the pot of vegetable and top with just enough broth to cover everything. Stir and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and stevia/or sugar, to taste.
- If you desire a thicker sauce, bring the mixture to a low boil, sprinkle the top with rice flour, and stir until thick.
Be sure to always use gluten free seasonings. In the United Stataes, McCormick's has mostly gluten free spices.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.