This gluten free chicken recipe is extremely easy to make. You can add a splash of white wine or not. It is a gourmet quality dish that you can make in about 30 minutes, less if your onions are already chopped. I like to keep chopped onions and other vegetables that I use often on hand. You can freeze them or refrigerate them in canning jars. Meanwhile, this recipe is a delight. Enjoy
Gluten Free Chicken Recipe in Creamy Sauce
This gluten free chicken is creamy, flavorful, and easy to make. In less than 30 minutes you can have a gourmet meal. Make with or without wine.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 small garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons brown rice flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Splash of dry white wine (Chardonay, Sauvignon Blanc, etc.)
- Preheat a skillet, add oil, swirl it around to heat, and add the chicken. Brown the chicken over medium-high heat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the broth and basil, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add cream, sprinkle rice on top, stir and and cook for about 3 minutes or until rice flour softens.
- Turn heat to high, and stir until thick.
- Whisk in 1 to 2 tablespoons of wine, or as desired. If the sauce is too thin, add more flour. If the sauce is too thick, add more wine or broth.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over rice, potatoes or gluten free pasta.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
Find almost 60 Gluten Free Chicken Recipes.