This is a wonderful size cake to make when you’re only having one or two guests over or have a small family. I like to make small cakes so that I am not tempted to continually eat sweets. The combination of the coffee almond frosting and chocolate cake creates a mocha sensation to rock your world. This gluten free chocolate cake is decadently moist and chocolaty.
One Layer Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with Almond Coffee Frosting
An incredibly moist gluten free chocolate cake that your gluten-eating friends will oo and awe over. Fill it with fluffy coffee almond frosting and top with more as well as slivered almonds - a true delight.
- Make one layer (half the recipe) as instructed in the chocolate cake recipe (see above link). Refrigerate until cold.
- While the cake is chilling, make the frosting (see above link). Be sure to omit the cocoa powder and use almond extract instead of vanilla. However, if you'd like to use vanilla, expect a darker colored frosting.
- Slice the chilled cake in half, horizontally. Frost the bottom layer (flat side up). Top it with the remaining layer, flat side down. Frost the top and then the sides of the cake.
- Top with slivered almonds and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Then allow to rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- To freeze left overs, slice the cake and freeze it uncovered. Once completely frozen, wrap to seal as desired. To defrost, remove it from its wrapping and defrost at room temperature.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.