Ever since I made the incredible Gluten Free Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
I have been craving chocolate and cherry combos. These gluten free chocolate cherry oatmeal cookies are also pretty incredible. I love the texture as well as the flavor.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten free chocolate cherry oatmeal cookies create an amazing flavor! The sweetness of the chocolate with the slight tartness of the cherries make the perfect combination!
- 1/2 cup Carla's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend Recipe
- 1/3 cup certified gluten-free oat flour
- 1-1/2 cups certified gluten-free rolled/whole oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (or palm oil or Earth Balance sticks or Smart Balance Original for dairy-free)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (or 2 tablespoons cannellini bean liquid + 1 tablespoon butter/margarine)
- 3 ounces gluten-free bittersweet (or semi-sweet) chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour blend, oat flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat and whisk in the brown sugar until it fully melts. Scrape the butter-sugar mixture into the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed thoroughly combined.
- Switch to the paddle attachment and add the dried cherries, vanilla, and egg. Beat until just combined. Refrigerator the dough until firm, 5–10 minutes
- Add the chopped chocolate and mix on low until thoroughly distributed.
- Drop 1-1/2 tablespoons of dough at a time onto the baking sheets, spaced 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the baking pans 4 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.