I thought for a change, rather than traditional cream cheese icing, you may desire a different choice. You can never go wrong with more chocolate. This icing is not super sweet. So, feel free to add additional confectioners’ sugar, if you choose. Enjoy!
If you’re interested in the recipe for the cupcakes, see Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
A creamy and rich gluten free chocolate cream cheese frosting. Frost your favorite cupcakes and cakes or use as a filling.
- 10 oz. gluten free cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened gluten free cocoa powder, or color and flavor to your liking
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Cream the cream cheese and vanilla in the bowl of your electric mixer.
- Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the cocoa powder a little at a time until it reaches your desired color and flavor. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes in the refrigerator to soften the powders. If it is too thick to spread or pipe, allow to warm up a bit at room temperature.
- Frost cooled cakes and cupcakes and use as a filling for same.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.