In the past, I have recommended using my Avocado Dairy Free Chocolate Ganache as dairy free chocolate frosting. Today, I share a different recipe that I think you will really enjoy.
You can make gluten free dairy free chocolate frosting using just coconut milk, but I think you’ll enjoy this recipe using coconut oil as an added ingredient. It provides a smoother texture that I think you’ll appreciate.
This recipe is available to everyone.
For the gluten free mocha cupcakes pictured, make the Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Cake Recipe, which is available to members, but add 1 tablespoon of instant gluten free coffee. It turns it into a moist devil’s food cake.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Frosting
Smooth, creamy, and rich gluten free dairy free frosting you'll get hooked on.
- 30 ounces full-fat coconut milk, 2 cans
- 3 cups dairy-free chocolate (Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1-7/8 cup (2 cups minus 2 tablespoons) confectioners' sugar (Trader Joe's Organic Powdered Sugar for corn-free)
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot simmering water.
- In a separate saucepan, scald the coconut milk (hot but not boiling).
- Pour the hot milk over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Stir in the oil and vanilla.
- Using your electric mixer, beat in the confectioners' sugar.
- Refrigerate for 4 - 8 hours,overnight, or until set.
- Once set, add additional coconut milk or water to thin or additional confectioners' sugar to thicken to create your desired consistency. You can also allow it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes or so to make it more spreadable.
- Frost cakes and cupcakes as desired.
Add s teaspoons of gluten free instant coffee to create a mocha flavor.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.