You may have seen my Low-Carb Gluten Free Roasted Breaded Cauliflower Recipe. In this new recipe, I thought, “Be damned a little more carbs! Using cauliflower in a side dish is low in carbs already!” I boosted the protein a little and instead of using Kraft canister Parmesan, I used fresh Parmigiano Reggiano. Oh my! What a difference these two changes made! It’s addictive!
This recipe is available to non-members as well as members.
Oven-Roasted Parmesan-Breaded Cauliflower
The most flavorful, yet not high in carbs, roasted cauliflower you'll ever taste made in an oven! And it's all gluten free!
- 1 head (2 pounds) cauliflower, florets cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil (avocado or light olive oil)
- 2 large egg whites (optional)
- 1 cup seasoned gluten free bread crumbs (4C brand or homemade)
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, aged 24 months (or Kraft canister, if you must)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Oil a baking sheet with gluten free cooking spray. (I used Pam Organic Olive Oil Spray.) Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Drizzle with one-third of the oil at a time and toss after each addition.
- Add one egg white; toss; add second egg white; toss again.Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the bread crumbs, cheese, and pepper. Pour one-third over the cauliflower in the bowl and toss; repeat one more time, pressing the bread crumb mixture as you toss. Take each floret and dip the tops in the remaining bread crumbs and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake on the center shelf for 15 minutes, turn each one over; bake an additional 12 minutes. Serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate leftovers and reheat in a preheated 350ºF oven.
Current Ingredients in 4C Gluten Free Seasoned Bread Crumbs:
Gluten Free Crumbs (Rice Flour, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Honey, Salt), Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese [Pasteurized Sheep's Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes (Rennet)], Salt, Dehydrated Parsley Flakes, Spices, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.