I finally got around to making a good homemade gluten free bread crumbs recipe. I am in the middle of making breaded chicken and chicken Parmesan and first wanted to share my bread crumb recipe with you. You can double, triple, quadruple this recipe to make as much as you wish. They came out crunchier than the ones in the store! Now we can all bread our meats and vegetables just like we used to. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Seasoned Bread Crumbs Recipe
The best gluten free bread crumbs you'll ever taste!
- 1 slice gluten free bread*, very thinly sliced, about 1/8 - 1/4" thick (or 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs)
- 2 teaspoons to 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan and/or romano cheese (or gluten-free, vegan, and dairy free.)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Toast the bread until very crispy.
- Break into small pieces, remove any burnt pieces and either chop finely into crumbs or add the pieces to a food processor.
- Add seasonings and cheese and pulsate in food processor; or stir together with bread crumbs.
*Only yeast-free if yeast-free bread is used.
I also use the saved bread crumbs from the slicing of my homemade gluten-free bread which makes wonderful larger, crunchy bread crumbs.
Note: Allergens and refined-sugar-free will depend upon which gluten-free bread you use.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.