Last Updated on
This is so much more than just paprika chicken! This multi-cultural dish is delicious, but when you combine with your favorite bread, in my case, Soft Gluten Free Naan, it is heavenly! Super soft white corn tortillas work well too. The naan recipe is available to everyone. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons neutral oil avocado
- 1-1/4 pounds chicken breasts small cubed
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice I used juice from a can of chunk pineapple (or orange juice)
- 4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free margarine - Smart Balance
- 1 large fresh bay leaf or 2 large dried
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon red hot chili oil or homemade (optional)
- 12 drops liquid stevia or 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Gluten Free Naan see above link (or Super Soft White Corn Tortillas - Mission)
Preheat a heavy skillet with oil. Add chicken and do not stir until one side is good and brown. Turn the chicken pieces over and continue to deeply brown the other sides of the chicken.
Add the water, juice, paprika, cumin, cloves, bay leaf, and stir. Add the rosemary on top of the chicken and cover. Lower heat and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. If you wish, you can chop all or some of the chicken in an effort to make it like shredded chicken. (I chopped half right in the cast iron skillet using the edge of my stainless steel spatula.)
Remove the cover and stir. Allow the chicken to cook a little longer until the sauce thickens a little if not already creamy.
Serve on gluten free naan and add your favorite taco fixings. (We like lettuce, gluten free blue cheese dressing, and chipotle sauce. It tastes amazing!)