Too old to trick or treat? Treat yourself to this classic gluten free pumpkin muffins recipe. It creates moist, sweet treats that are perfect during the fall and winter months. Try one with a pumpkin latte.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins (Dairy-Free)
A moist gluten free pumpkin muffins using your choice of milk, dairy-free or not. Perfect for a fall treat. Frost, dust with confectioners' sugar or serve plain.
- 2 cups Carla's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend Recipe
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or walnut baking pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F°. Oil a 12-cup muffin pan with gluten-free oil spray or neutral-flavored cooking oil; and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves until thoroughly combined; and set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the brown sugar and eggs fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, oil, and milk; and beat until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and beat on low until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on medium speed just until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in walnut pieces.
- Distribute the batter between the 12 cups; and bake on the center rack for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. (If desired, push cubes of roasted or boiled/tender pumpkin cubes into warm/hot muffins for garnish.)
- Once cool, dust with confectioners' sugar or frost with your favorite frosting. I enjoy Gluten Free Cream Cheese Frosting.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.