In preparation for my development of a gluten free tiramisu recipe, I thought I’d share my easy homemade espresso recipe with you. Espresso is rich, strong coffee which can be used in various coffee recipes such as cappuccino, latte, and even pumpkin latte, which I provide instructions below. Why visit Starbucks when you can make your own espresso recipes right at home and have them all completely gluten free?
A basic homemade espresso recipe with easy recipe variations including cappucino, latte and pumpkin latte.
- 1/2 cup ground coffee (French or other dark roast)
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Line a coffee machine with a filter made to fit your particular machine. Add the coffee grinds to the filter.
- Add the water to the location specified in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Brew until water has stopped dripping.
- Serve immediately or use in a number of various coffee recipes as mentioned in the tips below.
Cappuccino: Beat hot milk in a blender or with a mixer until foam forms. Add to 2/3 cup hot milk and 1/3 cup expresso to a cup; stir; and top with plenty of foam.
Latte: Same as cappuccino recipe above, accept with a little less foam.
Pumpkin Latte: Same as cappuccino recipe above, accept when heating milk, add 2 teaspoons pure pumpkin puree, 2 teaspoons sugar (or sugar-free substitute), 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin spice. Process coffee and milk mixture in a blender until foamy; pour into a tall cup; and top with foam, and pumpkin spice, if desired.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.