Chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows, what a delight! Now, add all of that to the top of a decadent chocolate cupcake or pumpkin muffin and what do you have? S’More cupcakes. Remove the gluten and what do you have? Gluten free S’more cupcakes. Need I say more? Read on to get the recipe.
Gluten Free S’More Cupcakes
You can bring the famous campfire S'more flavor to gluten free cupcakes or muffins. Whether you use chocolate cupcakes, pumpkin muffins or other flavors, these are popular among kids and adults.
- 12 gluten free muffins or cupcakes (recipe of choice - I like chocolate cupcakes or muffins)
- 1-7 oz. (or 6 9-oz.) Hershey bar(s), shredded
- 9 large gluten free marshmallows (Jeff Puff), cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 recipe Gluten Free Graham Crackers, ground to crumbs
- Make the cupcakes or muffins according to the instructions. Set them on a wire rack to cool. (It helps have the baked cupcake just up to the top, not over the top. Therefore, fill the cups only about 1/2 to 2/3 way full with batter, depending upon the recipe. Some gluten free recipes will have you fill it all the way to the top because the batter doesn't rise much.)
- Preheat oven to low broil.
- Place the number of cupcakes/muffins you wish to immediately serve on a baking sheet. Top with grated chocolate and 3 pieces of marshmallows.
- Place about 8 inches away from broiler and broil until the chocolate melts and the marshmallows are slightly golden in color.
- Remove the cupcakes and immediately sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Allow the melted chocolate and marshmallows to cool a few minutes prior to serving. However, do not allow them too cool too long or the chocolate will set.
You can skip the oven for the S'More topping by frosting each cupcake with Chocolate Ganache instead. Ganache is creamy and doesn't set quickly. Then just add unbaked marshmallows and top with graham cracker crumbs.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.