My husband went crazy over my Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. So, I thought I’d give a sour cream chocolate frosting a try. Oh my! This one is very special as it uses a few key ingredients that just perfects chocolate frosting. It’s super creamy to spread and sets up thick. Check it out!
Gluten Free Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting
When you want decadent chocolate frosting with a slight flavor of cheesecake, make this gluten free sour cream chocolate frosting. It's amazing on any chocolate, white, or yellow cake.
- 3 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped (Bakers)
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped (Bakers)
- 5 Tablespoon invert sugar
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided (6 at room temperature)
- 1 cup gluten free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Add chopped chocolates, invert sugar, and 2 tablespoon of butter in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture becomes smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the sour cream, salt, and vanilla to a clean heat-proof bowl; and stir over the same saucepan of simmering water. Cook until warm.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the chocolate mixture a little at a time; and whisk until creamy.
- Add the butter to the bowl of your electric mixer; and beat on low until creamy. (Be sure it is room temperature. If it is not, your frosting will turn out lumpy.)
- Add the confectioners' sugar a little at a time and beat on low speed. Once it the sugar is combined, increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy. Refrigerate the frosting until it is thick, about 20 minutes.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.