Make this delicious gluten free stir fry noodles recipe tonight! Get the recipe and learn all of the gluten free Asian ingredient brands you’ll need. It’s simple to make and so delicious! Make it spicy or not. Your choice!
Gluten Free Stir Fry Noddles
Noodles used for stir-frying are typically the size of Italian angel hair pasta, as you can see in the photo on this page. However, Asian noodle companies refer to them as vermicelli noodles. They are much thinner than the Italian-style vermicelli pasta, which is between the sizes of angel hair and spaghetti pasta. I used King Soba Organic Vermicelli Noodles.
This recipe is available to everyone.
King Soba Organic Vermicelli Noodle Ingredients:
Rice flour, cornstarch, and potato starch.
Where to Buy:
Amazon and Vitacost carry King Soba Organic Vermicelli Noodles. Vitacost ships internationally.
Gluten Free Stir Fry Noodles Recipe
A flavorful Asian gluten free chicken and noodle stir-fry perfect for weeknight cooking or any night!
- Preheat the oils in a 12-inch non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry (quickly stir) until the chicken is no longer pink inside, not longer, about 6 minutes, depending upon size. Transfer to plate; set aside.
- Begin to bring the water to a boil.
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, preheat the skillet again over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onion, and vegetables of your choosing. Lower heat to medium-low and saute for 8 minutes or until tender. (If using hardy vegetables such as carrots, be sure to cut them smaller than tender vegetables so that they all cook evenly, or add them first and later add the peppers and onion.)
- Once the water boils, add the vermicelli noodles to the water, stir, and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until they reach your desired texture. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a measuring cup, add all of the sauce ingredients and stir to combine.
- Transfer the chicken and vermicelli to the skillet and top with the sauce. Toss gently until thoroughly combined cooking over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Omit chili oil for kids.
*To make a vegetarian substitute for fish sauce, bring 3 cups of gluten free vegetable broth 1/4 ounce of dried sliced shiitake mushrooms, 2 tablespoons salt, and 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari or gluten free soy sauce to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for until it reduces to 1-1/2 cups. Strain into a glass container, allow to cool, and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.